Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Quick Response to Jeremy Roe of Hall of Fame Cards

Normally, I'd be able to e-mail my answers to certain questions left in the comments, but I couldn't find one for the gentleman who runs Hall of Fame Cards. Jeremy Roe left a comment asking:

"How have you been able to find the complete Target and Wal-Mart specific cards in the Legends set? I haven't been able to find the remaining Target and Wal-Mart sets (other than a few single Wal-Mart cards on eBay)."

Well, I acquired the cards from series 1 by buying packs from both Wal-Mart and Target. When I completed the 330 card set, I realized that it would be really expensive to keep on buying packs at both places. So I turned to trades for a majority of the rest from either the blogosphere or the Topps Message Boards. When the opportunity arose (meaning one eBayer was selling the last few cards I needed), I just bought them from him. That's how I've been able to complete the store exclusive sets that Topps put out since 2006.

Hope that answers your question.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

2 comments:

Big Daddy said...

JayBee,

A month or so ago I sent you the 2008 Topps Walmart Lance Berkman card to complete your 2008 set. I said if you didn't have anything for me in return, no problem...glad I could help. I received a package yesterday from you and thought oh yeah I love surprises. Not expecting anything in return, you sent me 18 inserts I needed from all 3 2008 Topps retail sets!!! You are too kind. Thank you very much. As always, i will continue reading your blog. Thanks again!

Chris Kocan
"Big Daddy"

Jeremy Roe said...

JayBee,
Thanks a ton for the info...my quest continues!

Jeremy