Monday, May 18, 2009

The First Two Packs of 2009 Topps Series 2 Yielded...

So I snuck a couple of packs with me today so I can give you a quick pack break during the day. I will get more in this evening. But in the meantime, here are the first two packs:

Pack #1


Mike Fontenot #449
Dave Trembley #407
Victor Martinez #370
Classic Combos Guillen/Cabrera #434
Jackie Robinson Career Best Legends #LGCB-JR (new insert)
Walter Johnson Legends of the Game Target #LLG18 (so I guess the next round of Legends of the Game fills out the timeline)
Carlos Beltran Toppstown Blue #TTT47
Mike Scioscia #461
A. J. Burnett #630
Freddy Sanchez #447
Chris Iannetta #646
Johnny Damon #590


Pack #2


Jim Leyland #339
Gregor Blanco #352
Gavin Floyd #443
Don Wakamatsu #576
John Danks #548
Matt Garza #545
Albert Pujols Legends of the Game #LG-AP (so I guess the current "Legends" get seperate billing, as well as an exclusive Timeline)
Carlos Zambrano Toppstown Blue #TTT39
Jesse Chavez #409
Yovani Gallardo #502
B. J. Ryan #421
Chris Young (D-Backs) #335


Initial reaction? So far so good. The Jackie Robinson card looks really nice based on the sepia-colored background.Though I think I understand the reasons for it, other than to distinguish the cards from series 1, I don't think the ToppsTown base cards should have been blue. That's just me though.

That's all for now. Look forward to more later on this evening.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

3 comments:

Jeffrey Wolfe said...

Looking forward to your scans. I still can find any series 2 anywhere.

The Drizz said...

aren't the different pics sweet? that means you have tons of "variations" with your 30 team sets and all!

The Drizz said...

love that leyland card!!! not your everyday boring manager pic!