Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary to bdj610's Topps Baseball Card Blog!!!

Just for kicks, I went back to my first ever post, and then I realized something...

My first post on this blog was on May 8, 2008. That means it's been one full year since I started this humble, little blog.

So...

Happy Anniversary to Me!!!





(the words to the song for those who either can't access the video, or for those who are deaf or hard-of-hearing)

(Gioacchino Rossini; arr. William Hanna / Joseph Barbera)
Practically a restaurant standard, most people don't realize that these lyrics, to the tune of "The William Tell Overture", were written by Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera for the episode titled "The Hot Piano".

Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

Pour a cheerful toast and fill it
Happy Anniversary
But be careful you don't spill it
Happy Anniversary

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

(Fred and Wilma Talking)

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

(Fred Talking)

Happy she and happy he
They're both as happy as can be
Celebrating merrily
their happy anniversary

(Fred and Wilma Talking)

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

(Fred Talking)

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

We now state emphatically
its happy anniversary
Not another day could be
a happy anniversary

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy (slow)
Happy (slow)
Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy (fast) Anniversary!!!

Since starting this project of love, I have:

  • added 4,357 cards to my official collection
  • written 361 posts (not all necessarily about baseball cards, but almost one post a day for a year)
  • had more than 25,000 people find their way here, and 42,000 plus hits to show for it
  • been added to at least 50 blogs on their blogrolls (this is a liberal estimate)
  • gained 56 followers (my highest was 58)
  • added 200 plus blogs to the Sports Card Blogroll, and most importantly
  • earned acceptance into this wonderful world called the Hobby Blogging Community
I want to thank everyone who's ever found their way here and decided to come back. Thank you very much for joining me on my journey as I continue building onto my collection. It is the hope for year 2 of bdj610's Topps Baseball Card Blog that I not only show off more of my growing collection or give my opinions about the Hobby topic of the day, but also to inform, possibly to entertain, to show more cards that might have never seen the light of day, and to become a stronger voice in the hobby (this last one will take some time...). Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

10 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

Happy anniversary and may there be many more to come. I'm pretty new to the blogging community, but I"m having a lot of fun reading and commenting in these blogs. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations ! You have certianly added a great deal to this wonderful world called the blogosphere and I look forward to year number two (and more).

night owl said...

Thank you for writing! You're a unique voice in the card community. Keep going.

Steve Gierman said...

Congrats on one year!

steveisjewish said...

kudos sir!

dayf said...

Congrats, here's to year two.

nevermore said...

Congrats on 1 year!

Through your blog I've gained much insight on the Topps releases which are at the cornerstone of the hobby.

GOGOSOX60 said...

My first boen just turned 16 on May 8th!. Now two good reasons for a cold one!

TDLindgren said...

Congratulations JayBee! The is the best blog around and I look forward to reading your posts everyday! I can tell you that blogging is a hobby in itself. I tried an attempt at one and found it took to much time and a lot of effort. So for keeping up with it for one year, I say way to go and keep on blogging!

2008 Ginter Code Champion said...

Happy Anniversary BDJ610! That's funny you posted the Flintstones picture with the lyrics. Everytime I think of a anniversary I think about the Fred, Barney and his pals singing that tune, that's great! Hopefully many many more!