Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Quest for Series 2 SP's Begins in Earnest...

I may not be done with the Series I SP's (need that Barack...)

I may not even have my boxes of Series 2 Topps (I need to get to a store...)

I may not have been able to buy a Master set of 2009 Topps 2 on the Bay (yet).

But what I do have is the first of what I hope to be 17 SP cards from series 2.

The living legends, from Marichal and Palmer, to Ripken and Gwynn. From Sandberg and Boggs, to the Robinsons Frank and Brooks.

Today, thanks to Mark Mosley of the Stats-on-the-Back blog, I am now the proud owner of...

Jim Palmer #355.

It looks like Palmer over did the tan. Otherwise, it's a nice looking card.

I am also in talks with two other bloggers for the Maddux and Carlton cards. Now I'm just waiting for the go aheads and cards will be in the mail. And thanks to friend of the blog the drizz, I also am off to a flying start with the Target and WalMart exclusive Legends of the Game cards. And he also tells me that another SP card is on the way to me.

It's only been a week since these cards went live, and I'm almost a quarter of the way in to completing the set. This is great. Thank you both Mark and Drizz for the cards. I really appreciate them.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

2 comments:

TDLindgren said...

The SP's out of Series Two are great looking cards! I'm just going to get 3 of them, Frank Robinson, Nolan Ryan and Cal Ripken Jr.

I wonder if they'll do any SP's for Updates and Highlights? Anyway, good luck with your quest JayBee, can't wait to see how they all look when completed!

GOGOSOX60 said...

So far all the series 2 SP photos look great. I've got some bid's on the Bay for those Reggies!

good luck!!