- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1978 Topps #546.
- Player Name, position, team: Ted Martinez, shortstop-third baseman, Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Major League Debut: July 18, 1970.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1977 stats (Dodgers): 67 G, 137 AB, 21 R, 41 H, 6 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 10 RBI, .299 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Mets as a Free Agent 10/06/1966. Drafted by Dodgers from the Reds in a Rule 5 draft 12/06/1976. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Martinez' seventh regular Topps card (total includes both regular and traded cards). What else can we say about the 1978 Topps set that hasn't already discussed in this blog or on others? Nice portrait of Martinez against the vbackdrop of a big blue sky, the trees, and what looks to be some guy trying to work with a yellow tarp way in the background. The blurb on the back talks about Ted's "versatility in both infield and outfield. He went 4-4 twice as a Met in 1973. He also saw action in two games of the 1973 WS." As you recall, you can play a baseball game using the players cards from 1978 Topps. Drawing Ted's card gave you a home run. How about that?
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.08-$0.25.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 4 cards.