Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Agonizing Foot Pain...or Things to Do When You Can't Walk Without Pain

So for the last few days, my right foot has been killing me. Literally. You see when I came back from vacation a couple of weeks ago, the heel of my right foot was hurting. I could walk with a limp, but the pain was bad. I still was able to go to work last week, but there is a lot of walking involved, and needless to say, I really put a lot of stress on the other part of my foot so that it wouldn't hurt so much when I walk.

Now, last Saturday, the pain in my heel went away, but then, out of nowhere, the ball of my foot (if you can call it that) by my right big toe started aching. And it the pain was more intense than what I experienced in my heel. Putting on shoes was a challenge, because the shoe was pressing against the part of my foot that hurt. It got worse on Sunday night. Monday, I went to work, but not without screaming in pain every so often. It got so bad that I did decide to schedule an appointment with the podiatrist up the street from home. I left early (lucky me), drove, (hurts to drive when you use your right foot), and after getting x-rays, it was determined that I do not have a sprain (thank goodness) or a bruise (that hurts too), but inflammation. Basically, it feels like my foot is on fire, but based on the x-rays, nothing else seems to be wrong. The doctor doesn't think it's gout or diabetes (I am not diabetic). So he gave me a prescription to get some medicine to help ease the pain. He did suggest that I not begin to take it until the following morning. Needless to say, I wish I didn't listen.

I woke up at 3:00 CST in excruciating pain. I couldn't get back to sleep, and not even elevating my foot helped. Somehow, I was able to get out of bed, limp to the living room (after struggling to find my crutches in the dark), and lay on the recliner. Still hurt, but I was able to get some semblance of sleep. Needless to say, I called in sick to work this morning, because I still couldn't walk without feeling pain. I did take the medicine and it is starting to do something (it's not a miracle cure, but it is helping a bit).

So what can I do other than lay in pain? Watch the Olympics (Croatia was ahead of Serbia in men's Water Polo), watch all my kids TV shows (again), and read a couple of Mastro Auction catalogs. When I get a moment, I'll try and get my 2008 Allen & Ginter set put into sheets. Maybe I'll open up those factory sets so I can scan the exclusive cards for the blog. Then I'll blog about my foot pain...oh wait, I'm doing that now.

Ouch!!!

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: