Friday, August 22, 2008

Did a Bit of Recalculating...41,589 is the Updated Number

It's been awhile since I updated my eBay About Me page. Quite frankly, I'm a little disturbed by the recent events regarding eBay's fees and policies. While I do quite a bit of buying, and a bit of selling, to tell me that I can't accept paper payments (check, money order) after a certain date is ridiculous. I don't have Paypal, and I don't plan on signing up for it, even though there are many out there who sing the praises about Paypal louder than Metallica when they played heavy metal.

When I buy my cards and sets on eBay, I prefer checks and money orders. Because I don't have any credit cards that would allow me the benefit to spend my money immediately. And I don't mind waiting. Besides, in my seven years of buying online, I've only had one person stiff me, and sadly, she's still on eBay selling her wares.

When I sell, I ask for checks, money orders, etc. I use the mail system to help me organize who sent what and when. It also allows me a schedule of when to mail cards. But to hear that I need to have an average of 4.3 stars (which I have not even gotten yet, it's been that long since I sold regularly on the Bay), it's beginning to look like that I won't be able to after a certain point. And frankly, that's not right either. I am hoping that they do a grandfather clause for those of us who've been around a long time and will let us continue selling even if we haven't done so on a regular basis. But somehow, I worry that it will come to that.

Anyway, back to the point (eBay rants over).

Because I have not updated my About Me page on the Bay, I have been lazy and have not kept up to the number of cards I have in my collection. I am proud to say that I have finally done that, and the final, up-to-the minute number of cards I have in my official collection is: 41,589 cards!!!

This total includes every card from 1976 Topps to 2008 Topps Series II, with a lot of sets and insert sets and cards included. While I have 41,589 cards in sheets and binders, I must have an estimated 18,000 cards laying around in boxes. These are the ones I need to get rid off so I can buy more stuff.

Quite frankly, that's a lot of cards. What should I do with them? Add more. And share with the rest of the blogosphere. After all, that's why I started this humble little blog in the first place...right???

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Steve Gierman said...

Don't expect a grandfather clause from eBay in anything. I have been fighting the good fight with them since February, when their pricing structure changed. Frankly, they don't care. Some will feign interest, but nothing will get done and the one complaining will always get the shaft, sad to say.

I have been trying to find an alternative to eBay for months now and I can't find a suitable one. If you run across something, please let me know.