Wednesday, August 13, 2008

As Promised, Pictures from the National

Okay, these may not be the best, but I'll each try and describe each one as best I can.




The above four pictures are from Dmitri Young's PSA Gem Mint 10 Rookie Card collection.

The crowd on Saturday looked a lot larger than this...


The center of the show floor, where Topps, UD, Donruss, Press Pass, and Beckett held court...

View from the lunch line...

The Donruss booth, with an elevated office area.

The Upper Deck booth. Busy with pack breakers. It looks like they stole Topps booth last year (as this is what it looked like in 2005).

The eTopps/Topps Vault Booth. Plenty of ToppsTown cards that they let my daughter (and me) have. And if you're asking for codes, I'm sorry, they're all entered.


This is not closing time, I forgot the flash.

Well that's it. The rest were either too blurry, or were pictures of me (and trust me, those didn't turn out well).

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

3 comments:

dayf said...

Nice... I really need to get my butt up to Cleveland next year.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures Jay-Bee! I went on Thursday to the National and it was awesome! I picked up a lot of great stuff for my PC.

I hope your foot is feeling better.

robbyt said...

Great pics. I went on Thursday and Sunday and bought about $200 worth of 80's boxes of stuff like Topps Stickers, Fleer Limited Edition Sets, and Donruss Action All-Stars. The highlight for me was a box of '83 Topps stickers for $5. In 1983 these were $25 a box, and were easily the best sticker set Topps ever made. I got all but a couple of stickers for a whole set.

Funny though, as this was my first National, I was expecting a whole lot more. It really wasn't much bigger than the show I went to there in Rosemont back in the early part of the year.

I thought the biggest part of the National was all the free stuff they gave away, but I got little that I kept except for the Babe Ruth Allen & Ginter card.