Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Responses to Comments...Where Did They Go???

For a moment, I had a run of 15 posts in a row where I had at least one comment, then suddenly the last 6 (and possibly this one)...nothing. Have people stopped reading???

Anyway, before I answer some comments, please, if you are going to leave them, don't do it anonymously. I'd love to know who is reading, and if they have a card, or access to a card or cards I may be interested in, I'd like to be able to contact them. I think I'll remove the anonymous option for the comments. Here is why.

To anonymous, who said that he was able to find an Albert Pujols card in one of those back to school packages found at Target, if you could get some more of those cards, and find others that I don't have listed, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to buy them from you. But because you didn't leave me a name, I won't know how to contact you!!!

To jrj, who asked about the National being held in Cleveland in 2009, yes, it is going to be in Cleveland. They kept announcing it over the intercom for vendors to enter the lottery for booth assignments.

To bailorg, who asked about those 55-card team sets that I bought at the National, they started selling these gift sets with 55-card sets last year with the Yankees, Mets, and Red Sox. This year, they added the Tigers, Cubs, and Dodgers along with the aforementioned three teams. They are basically the same design of the basic 2008 set, but they have different pictures of all the players, and it also includes the coaches and other team highlights from the previous year.

To friend of the blog Big Daddy, who reminisced about the last card he needed to complete the 1984 Topps set, when I bought a full set, it turned out I was missing one card. It was a Greg Brock card (I think he was with the Dodgers at the time), and I wound up having to go back to the store, where they fortunately had ONE card of Brock. They wound up giving it to me for free.

That's all for now. Please keep those comments coming. It's an ego booster for me and it shows that people are at least reading.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Steve Gierman said...

It doesn't mean people have stopped reading. I get comments in spurts too. Some days it seem that everyone wants a say, then other days people are more content to sit back and just read.