- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1965 Topps #133.
- Player Name, position, team: Mel Stottlemyre, pitcher, New York Yankees.
- Special: World Series Game 2, New York 8, St. Louis 3.
- Any special information about this specific card: Simply put, this is the card that highlights Game 2 of the 1964 World Series between the New York Yankees and St. Louis Cardinals. Stottlemyre, just a rookie during the 1964 season, was tasked to face the intimidating Bob Gibson in Game 2 of the Series. The Cards won the first game handily 9-5, and having Gibson on the mound certainly gave the Redbirds confidence heading into that Thursday tilt. But Stottlemyre outpitched Gibson that day, allowing only three runs in a complete game effort. It would be Mel's only World Series win. He started games 5 and 7, losing both decisions as the Cardinals won the whole thing.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $2.50-$6.00.
Well, it's back to normal on Monday. Tomorrow's card will be: 1984 Topps #187 . Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Come on back then to see what the Topps Card Randomizer gets us to look at then.