Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pack Break Week: 2010 Topps Series 1


So this week, I decided to go ahead and open one pack of cards that I bought last weekend at Target. Yesterday, I opened my first ever pack of 2010 Topps National Chicle. Here is what was waiting for me when I opened my pack of 2010 Topps series 1:


The cards that came out of the pack are (in the order of how they were packaged):
  • #267 Toronto Blue Jays Franchise History (Cito Gaston)
  • #35 Rick Porcello (funny, this was also the second card in the Chicle pack that I opened yesterday)
  • #128 Garrett Mock
  • #159 Vernon Wells
  • #315 Scott Kazmir
  • #1 Prince Fielder (and the infamous bowling pin strike...the one where a certain defending Cy Young winner decided to go for a bit retribution...in a Spring Training game).


  • #CMT56 Dustin Pedroia 2007 Original Back (the big hit...too bad I already have this card!!!)
  • #TTT25 Manny Ramirez Ticket to ToppsTown
  • #275 Kurt Suzuki
  • #239 Juan Uribe (Yahoo!!!...that's the sign on the outfield wall...not my response for getting the card)
  • #320 Brian McCann (your 2010 MLB All-Star Game MVP!!!)
  • #224 Rod Barajas


My thoughts...hey, I got me an Original Back...that I don't need!!! Does anybody want to trade? I still need the 2005 card from series 1 (and a bunch of other cards from series 2). Otherwise, I was hoping for a Target card or at least one of the legends SP. Or at least a Million Card Giveaway code card. Oh well.

Here's hoping that the series 2 pack has something worth writing home about. Don't get me wrong, the base cards are great. But I still need a few inserts. Tomorrow, it's the pack of Topps 206.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

2 comments:

Sharpe said...

That Prince card is among my favorites ever. I might have to try a couple of Series 1 packs to see if I can find it. I love hunting :)

The Drizz said...

that was my one beef with topps this year... cymto cards from 2007, 2008, 2009? seriously topps.