- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1988 Topps Traded #65T.
- Player Name, position, team: Mark Marquess, head coach, Team USA..
- Any special information about this specific card: Marquess' first and only regular Topps card(total includes both Topps and Topps Traded cards). As the 1988 Topps Traded set included most of the players on the Gold-Medal Winning USA Baseball team, it was only fitting that their head coach appear in the set as well. Coach Marquess' real job is Head Coach of the Stanford Cardinal baseball team (yes, it's Cardinal...no 's'), and the bio on the back of the card mentions that he "has guided Stanford to two consecutive College World Series championships" in 1987 and 1988. It goes on to say that he is a former First Team All-American (with Stanford...as a player), being a first baseman. He helped the club to the 1967 College WS with a .404 average. At this point in his career, he has a record of 497-251-4 in 12 seasons as coach. He is still the coach of the Cardinal team, finishing his 34th season this year (his first year was in 1977). He has been involved with USA Baseball as a player and a coach. At the 1988 Olympic Games in Seoul, South Korea, baseball was an exhibition sport. Marquess' team put on a show, finishing their tour of duty om Seoul with a 4-1 record, including the gold medal winning game against Japan on September 28 , 1988.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.02-$0.10.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 1 card.