Friday, September 24, 2010

Pack Break Week: 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter


So this week, I decided to go ahead and open one pack of cards that I bought last weekend at Target. On Monday, I opened my first ever pack of 2010 Topps National Chicle. Tuesday, a pack of 2010 Topps Series 1. Wednesday saw me open my first pack of 2010 Topps 206. Thursday's pack was from 2010 Topps Series 2. Today, let's see what came inside the pack of 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter:


The cards that came out of the pack are (in the order of how they were packaged):
  • #161 Luis Durango
  • #279 Curtis Granderson
  • #85 Yunel Escobar
  • #305 Kelly Johnson
  • #59 Ivory Crockettt Mini Card
  • Checklist Four of Four (bonus card!!!)
  • #TDH58 Dan Uggla This Day in History


My thoughts...When did they start putting checklist cards with sets like this??? I always thought they used a paper insert. I could be wrong. Then again, I've always bought complete sets of A & G, so seeing a checklist card is a surprise. Decent player selection. I think the Johnson card is a short print (wasn't it anything above #300 SP'd?) Didn't get my carabao card (will probably wait until the Sun-Times show in November for a crack at it). I'm just trying to figure out how many more designs they can come up with for the Allen & Ginter name before Topps runs out of ideas. I know the name is scheduled for next year as Topps has to reserve one card to Nick Jacoby. And maybe, Derek Jeter will get a base card...

So all the packs are opened. Tomorrow, I hunker down and finally open that WalMart value box. Hopefully there'll be something I need there.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Nachos Grande said...

The "card" checklists are retail. Hobby boxes have the foldout paper checklist in A&G.