Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Who Wants to Be on a 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter Card

It's time to play...WHO WANTS TO BE ON A TRADING CARD!!!


Just announced today...(even though it's been on the sell sheets):


So this is how the game works:

  • There are 20 cards (inserted into 1:24 packs of 2008 Topps Allen & Ginter)

  • Each card has a specific code on the top and bottom (see scan)


  • First person to crack the code that appears on all 20 cards will actually be part of the set in 2009!!!

Now this is going to be a big deal because I don't think there is a serious collector ANYWHERE that would not want to be a part of this set. Imagine winning it, walking around a card show (yes, they still exist), and overhearing some guy saying, "I need to find that (insert your name here) mini black-bordered card to complete my set!!! It's not a, 'just for you and your family and friends' kind of card. It's the real thing!!! Your name in the Big Beckett book forever, with prices next to the cards that will bear your name, all because of some contest.

The only thing that concerns me is that they are looking for the FIRST person to solve this puzzle. Topps is not going to pull some lucky person's name out of a hat. It's THE FIRST PERSON TO SOLVE THE PUZZLE!!! How will Topps determine whose answer came in first? Do you send an e-mail? Do you mail it in? Call them?

Maybe Topps will want proof that you have all 20 cards if you solve the puzzle. That would make the most sense. I mean, unless you have the money to buy two or three cases of the product, (and there are), you are not going to get all 20 cards together. And to get them all together may take some time. But thanks to the internet, and a certain online auction company called eBay, one may not necessarily need to have the cards in hand to solve the puzzle.

I want in on this contest. I want to be the first to crack the code. I mean how hard can it be? As soon as the cards go live, I am taking the day off from work, spending my day on the Bay, looking for auctions for these babies, scanning pictures, and then (with any luck) solve and be first to respond. I want my picture on a card.




I mean if that Wendy Guey kid could get a card, why can't I??? Ha ha ha ha ha. (Okay ego, take a break).

I better lie down now.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: