Friday, January 31, 2014

Gong Hey Fat Choy

(恭禧發財) Gong Hey Fat Choy

Today this humble, little blog celebrates Chinese New Year. It is the year of the Horse!

Yes, we actually have this Beanie Baby. We have all 12 of the animals from the Chinese Zodiac subset. This image graciously taken from Amazon.
Believe it or not, there is one player who appeared in the majors that was born in China. His name...

Henry Lees Kingman, born in Tientsin, on April 3, 1892.

While there are no Topps cards (or any cards that I could find for that matter), and although his career only lasted four games in 1914, the SABR BioProject has an article on Kingman, who led an incredible life long after his playing days ended.

So tonight, my family and I will be celebrating the New Year by having a nice dinner out. Or maybe we'll have it brought in. Or maybe I'll find some inspiration and cook something nice...

I think we'll go out.

Gong Hey Fat Choy. Happy New Year!!!

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: