- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1974 Topps #463.
- Player Name, position, team: Bert Campaneris, shortstop, Oakland A's.
- Special: World Series Game 7, Oakland 5, New York 2.
- Any special information about this specific card: Bert Campanaris' third inning home run in the (his third in the World Series, and which I am hoping Topps was smart enough to depict here based on his swing) set the tone for the game, helping the franchise to their third consecutive World Series title. As with the other six cards in the subset, the backs included the batting lines for both teams that day and the box score. No pitching totals, no game summary. That was all Topps could fit in the back that year. What it doesn't say is that Ken Holtzman earned the victory, going 2-1 in the WS, holding the Mets to one run in 5.1 innings. The MVP of the World Series was Reggie Jackson, who although hit just one home run (also in the 7th game) during the series, hit .310, drove in 6, and had an OPS of .941.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.40-$1.00.
In case you're actually wondering, I don't own this card, but was able to get a crystal clean copy of the image from the from the Baseball Card Cyber Museum. So thank you Joe McAnally and the folks at the BCCM.
Well, it's back to normal on Monday. Tomorrow's card will be: 2003 Topps Traded #T71. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Come on back then to see what the Topps Card Randomizer gets us to look at then.