- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2009 Topps #286.
- Player Name, position, team: Odalis Perez, pitcher, Washington Nationals.
- Major League Debut: September 1, 1998.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2008 stats (Nationals): 130 G, 480 AB, 96 R, 138 H, 26 2B, 1 3B, 36 HR, 100 RBI, 7 SB, 66 BB, 80 SO, .571 SLG, .965 OPS, .320 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Braves as a Free Agent 07/02/1994. Signed with the Nationals as a Free Agent 02/19/2008. Bats: left. Throws: left.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 9. This is his ninth Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "Odalis sums up his 2008 this way: 'I didn't know if I'd even be part of the team. I'm not going to say I had a great season, but I was there every five days."
- Commentary: It's a new year, so let's hope that the Randomizer will pick 365 cards that haven't been picked previously. Before we begin, let me preface that Odalis Amadol Perez is not related to Pascual, Melido, and Carlos Perez, the Dominican brothers who played from 1980 through 2000. Actually, Perez' MLB career ended in 2008, so unless Perez makes a comeback after five seasons away, the numbers on the back of his card are complete. He was the Nat's Opening Day starter in 2008, a game in which the Nationals won against the Braves 3-2 (he did not get the decision). The former Brave, Dodger, and Royal finished his MLB career with a 73-82 record, of the 252 games he appeared, he started 221 of them. In 1335 innings pitched, he achieved an ERA of 4.46, struck out 920 batters and finished with a WHIP of 1.346. He was an All-Star in 2002 thanks to a 10-4, 2.81 ERA, and 86 strikeouts.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $ 0.15-$0.40.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 11.
Tomorrow's card will be 1981 Topps Traded #822. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Hope you will be too.