- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2006 Topps #529.
- Player Name, position, team: Kris Benson, pitcher, Baltimore Orioles.
- Major League Debut: April 9, 1999.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2005 stats (Mets): 28 G, 10-8, 174.1 IP, 171 H, 86 R, 80 ER, 49 BB, 85 SO, 0 CG. 0 SHO, 0 SV, 1.26 WHIP, 4.13 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Pirates #1st, June 1986. Traded by the Mets to the Orioles 01/21/2006. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 10. This is his tenth and card.
- Blurb on the back: "Kris proved critical to the Mets in some "hidden" areas in 2005. They went 10-6 in his starts after a loss, and he is now 17-10 against NL East foes."
- Commentary: After five active seasons with the Pirates (was injured for all of 2001), and two "interesting seasons" in New York, Kristen James Benson was traded off to the Orioles in exchange for Jorge Julio and John Maine. In his lone season in Baltimore, Benson appeared in 30 games, all starts, went 11-12 in his decisions, with an ERA of 4.82 and 88 strikeouts in 183 innings of work. Shoulder injuries kept him from playing in 2007 and after the O's allowed him to walk into Free Agency, the Phillies took a chance on him, but released him after struggling in Lehigh Valley. The Rangers signed him to a minor league deal for 2009, but after a stint on the DL, the Rangers used him in long relief, a role in which he struggled. In 2010, he signed with the Diamondbacks. However, after three starts, he re-injured his shoulder and was out for the rest of the year (he did pitch in Reno, but the shoulder definitely affected his performance). He retired on January 10, 2011.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.07-$0.20.
- How many cards of each player do I own?: 10 cards.
Tomorrow's card will be: 2013 Topps #395. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Flash back with the blog tomorrow.