- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1989 Topps #695.
- Player Name, position, team: Carlton Fisk, catcher, Chicago White Sox.
- Major League Debut: September 18, 1969.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1988 stats (White Sox): 76 G, 253 AB, 37 R, 70 H, 8 2B, 1 3B. 19 HR, 50 RBI, 0 SB, .542 SLG, 37 BB, 40 SO, .277 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Red Sox, #1st, June 1967. Signed with the White Sox as a Free Agent 03/18/1981. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 23. This is his nineteenth Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: None.
- Commentary: I may have said this in almost every RTotD post regarding 1989 Topps cards. I love 1989 Topps. That's it. End of sentence. I love the name plate, which is the main element design of the card. I love the large pictures. It's perfect in almost every way. Okay, so the back of the cards are black and red and sometimes hard to read. Thanks to the black borders, the cards are condition-sensitive. But I still love the design. A ton has been written about HOF Carlton Fisk, so the bio on here is going to be short. What more can I say about the guy who spent his entire career with the Sox. Forget the fact that he spent 11 seasons with the Red Sox. Forget the fact that his HOF plaque depicts him with the "B" cap. He spent 13 years on the south side of Chicago. As a Cubs fan, I can honestly say that he made watching White Sox games worthwhile. I watched him ply his trade at Old Comiskey Park. Mind you, I wasn't paying as much attention back then as I was just glad to have earned game tickets thanks to perfect attendance at school. Even though he played in only 76 games thanks to injuries in 1988, Fisk won the Silver Slugger award among AL Catchers. Fisk recovered to hit a decent .293 batting average, .830 OPS, 13 home runs, 68 rbi's, and even stole a base. After 1989, he would go on to play for four more years, with an All-Star game appearance in 1991, with the Pale Hose.
- Beckett value: $0.05-$0.15.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 78 cards.