- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1973 Topps #389.
- Team: 1972 New York Mets.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1972 stats: Manager Yogi Berra, 83-73, .532 PCT., 13.5 GB, Third Place NL East.
- Commentary: Hey, the Randomizer has picked another team card. Maybe with the addition of the retail team sets, it's trying to find more of these to highlight. It's always nice to have these team cards included in the base set only because a handful of the players who show up on team picture day won't get a card in the eponymous set. The Mets had won the World Series in 1969, and since then had won exactly 83 games in the following three seasons (they must have cancelled six games because they played a grand total of 156 in '72). The back of the card shows all-time team season leaders for a wide variety of statistics, with players like Tommie Agee, Cleon Jones, Donn Clendenon, Tommy Davis, Tom Seaver, Nolan Ryan, Jerry Koosman, Roger Craig holding down team records. The bottom of the card shows the yearly standings of the Mets, including names of all five managers, of the NY NL franchise: Casey Stengel, Wes Westrum, Salty Parker, Gil Hodges, and Berra. How would the team do in 1973? The team won the NL East Division title with a 82-79 record, and then go on to beat a very powerful Cincinnati Reds team in the five-game NLCS. They lost to the Oakland A's in a seven-game World Series.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $1.50-$4.00.
Well, it's back to normal on Monday. Tomorrow's card will be: 1979 Topps #582. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Come on back then to see what the Topps Card Randomizer gets us to look at then.