- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2006 Topps Updates and Highlights #UH177.
- Player Name, position, team: Derek Jeter, shortstop, New York Yankees
- Last Line of Statistics: 1571 G, 6350 AB, 1195 R, 2000 H, 174 Hr, 798 RBI, .315 AVG.
- Special: Season Highlights: Jeter Hits 2 Grand 05/26/2006.
- Any special information about this specific card: The breakdown of the 2006 Topps Updates and Highlights set is as follows: 132 veterans who were traded, signed as free agents, or are only in the set because they weren't in the regular 2006 Topps set; 48 rookie cards (with the now infamous rookie card logo); 11 season highlights; 20 postseason highlights; 15 league leader cards; 64 All-Stars; 8 Home Run Derby participants; 30 Team Leader cards; and 10 Classic Duo cards. One of the 11 season highlights Topps chose to feature was the game where Derek Jeter earned his 2000th hit on 05/26/2006 against the Kansas City Royals. The back of the card sets the scene: New York, NY. "Jeter's milestone -a tapper in front of the plate that he beat out - was more significant than most" (really???). "Of the eight to get them all for the Yankees, he was the youngest to join (at 31 years, 334 days), beating Lou Gehrig by 11 days." In the fourth inning, facing Scott Elarton fo the Royals, Jeter hit a single, reached second on an error, stole third, and scored on an A-Rod single. The team lost to the Royals that day 7-6.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.75-$2.00.
Tomorrow's card will be: Thursday: 1995 Topps #116. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Hope you will be too.