- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1989 Topps Traded #14T.
- Player Name, position, team: Jeff Brantley, pitcher, San Francisco Giants.
- Major League Debut: August 5, 1988.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1988 stats (Giants): 9 G, 20.2 IP, 0-1, 13 R, 13 ER, 11 SO, 6 BB, 1 GS, 0 CG, 0 SHO, 1 SV, 5.66 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Giants #6th June, 1985. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Brantley's first Topps card (total includes regular and traded cards only). My love for the 1989 Topps set knows no bounds, and the traded set was a perfect complement to it's regular season counterpart. Not only did the Topps Traded set include such notable rookies like Griffey Jr, Vizquel, Sanders, Walton, et. al, but it was also home of the first Topps card for Brantley, who had his cup of coffee in the bigs the year before, and was a mainstay in the Giants' bullpen during their run to the NL pennant. The back of Brantley's card reads that he was signed for the Giants by Scout Ken Parker. Named as the closer for the Giants in 1990, Brantley was added to that year's All-Star Team, and finished the year with a 5-3 record and 1.56 ERA to go with 19 saves. He led the league in saves in 1996 with 44 for the Cincinnati Reds. His career would continue until 2001, after stints with the Cardinals, Phillies, and Rangers. In fourteen MLB seasons, he went 43-46 in career decisions and saved 172 games. He is one of the baseball analysts seen nightly on ESPN during the baseball season.
- Beckett value: $0.08-$0.25.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 16 cards.