- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1967 Topps #607.
- Player Name, position, team: Mickey Stanley, outfielder, Detroit Tigers.
- Major League Debut: September 13, 1964.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1966 stats (Tigers): 235 AB, 68 H, 15 2B, 4 3B, 3 HR, 19 RBI, .289 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Signed by the Tigers as a Free Agent before the 1961 season. Bats: right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Stanley's second regular Topps card. Found amongst the final series of cards Topps produced in 1967, it is not an easy one to track down. Once again, the Topps Card Randomizer picks its favorite retro set for today's subject, the 1967 Topps set. With it's extra large picture, with the team name towards the bottom of the card in big bold letters, the player's name and position above, and the facsimile autograph, can you argue with it? Anyway, in Stanley's second full season with the Tigers, he led the team in batting average (.289), even though he was on the DL for more than a month. The blurb on the back reads that against the Indians, "Mickey batted an incredible .459." It goes on to say, "As a pinch-hitter for the Bengals, Mick batted .333 last year." As with most of the players cards, the back features two cartoons. The first reads that Mickey led Syracuse (the Tigers minor league team) in Homers in 1965 (10). The second shows a tiger in a baseball uniform catching a ball, with the words "In 1966, he (Stanley) didn't commit a single error." Stanley stayed with the Tigers until his release in 1978. So in 15 seasons with Detroit, he hit 117 home runs, drove home 500 runs, and hit a decent .248. He was also a four-time Gold Glove award winner (in 1968, 1969, 1970, and 1973).
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $20.00-$50.00.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 4 cards.
Well, it's back to normal on Monday. Tomorrow's card will be: 1996 Topps #323. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Come on back then to see what the Topps Card Randomizer gets us to look at then.