- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1959 Topps #470.
- Player Name, position, team: Stan Musial, first baseman, St. Louis Cardinals.
- Special: Baseball Thrills "Musial Raps Out 3,000th hit."
- Any special information about this specific card: The back of this card looks like it was taken from a newspaper. Baseball Thrills it's called, with a dateline of May 13, 1958. While it would be repetitive to read the headline, I can tell you that Musial, on this day, was "not even in the starting lineup against the Cubs at Wrigley Field. But with the Cards trailing, Stan got off the bench to pinch hit. He received a fine ovation...and connected for a double...his 3,000th hit. He joined seven other players who reached that milestone." The Cardinals, it turns out, came back to win the game by the score of 5-3. His double turned the game around, as the Cards scored four more times in that inning, to turn a 3-1 deficit to a 5-3 lead.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $15.00-$30.00.
Well, it's back to normal on Monday. Tomorrow's card will be: 1977 Topps #596. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Come on back then to see what the Topps Card Randomizer gets us to look at then.