- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1977 Topps #596.
- Player Name, position, team: Jerry Martin, outfielder, Philadelphia Phillies.
- Major League Debut: September 7, 1974.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1976 stats (Phillies): 130 G, 121 AB, 30 R, 30 H, 7 2B, 0 3B, 2 HR, 15 RBI, .248 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Phillies as a Free Agent 07/17/1971. Bats Right, Throws: right.
- Any special information about this specific card: Martin's first regular Topps card (his rookie card. Total includes regular and traded cards only). The 1977 Topps design utilized many design elements used in the past: the facsimile autograph, the large team letters, a flag (this time with the position of the player depicted), and a decent sized picture. A good mix of action and posed shots...this one being in the latter category. The previous year marked Martin's first full year in the majors, playing all three outfield spots for the Phils. The back of the card looks like a camp bulletin board (you can tell by the posts at the bottom of the card and the grass that's growing alongside of the posts). Along with his name and stats is a comic commemorating historic events in baseball's past. In this case, it's of Jimmy PIersall, "who ran backwards to commemorate his 100th homer." The blurb below the stats talks about Martin's "only Grand Slammer of 1975" against the Dodgers at Los Angeles on June 13. Martin would go on to play for the Cubs, Giants, and Royals before calling it a career for good with the New York Mets.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.12-$0.30.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 12 cards.