Saturday, July 7, 2012

Blogroll Updating...Because It Really Needed It!!!

It's been a few months since I last did some maintenance on the Sports Card Blogroll. Between work (real), and the new blog project, I haven't had much time to keep up with the SCBR. People have been sending e-mails to add or remove sites from the blogroll, and I have finally gotten around to responding to the emails.

So here I am more than two months later, trying to keep up. Let's review.

The last time I ran the monthly blogroll post, I ended with 355 blogs. I have added a ton since then, especially days after the purge. Presently, the blogroll contains 382 active sites (a gain of 27 new blogs). Not including the five blogs that I added today, all new blogs have been announced on twitter (I will take care of announcing the new blogs after this post is done). Here are the blogs that are going to be removed from the active roster:
That's 21 blogs being removed from the active roster (some because they've been inactive for eight months). That brings us down 361 active blogs on the roster, for a two-and-a-half month net gain of +6.

If you or someone you know has a blog about the Hobby we all love, please send me an email at bdj610@hotmail.com and let me know about it. If your blog was on the big SCBR and was removed from inactivity but are planning on rejoining the big Hobby Blogging Community, let me know as well so I can put your blog back on the roster.

It's All-Star Game time people. While the rest of the sports are on their off-season hiatus, baseball is in full gear. And with the season, so are the cards. Archives was a surprise hit. Allen & Ginter season is upon us. Life is good if you collect (and have the funds to do so). And for those who can't yet (ahem...), we can live vicariously through the great blogs out there that are talking, writing, reviewing, trading, and sharing cards from their ever growing collections.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: