Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The 2013 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot Has Been Announced. Who's In?

At 12:00 p.m. EST, The National Baseball Hall of Fame announced the players that were placed on the ballots sent to the members of the Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA).  There are 24 players making their debut (highlighted in bold), so along with thirteen players who met the criteria in last year's HOF balloting, that means 37 players are on this year's ballot.  The players (with years on ballot and % of ballots in the 2012 election):

Who do you think will be inducted into Cooperstown in 2013? Good luck to all.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

5 comments:

Matt Pederson said...

I'd like to see Biggio, Bagwell, Piazza, and Morris, but it'll probably just be Piazza.

hiflew said...

I think Biggio, Piazza, and possibly Morris (although I wouldn't vote for him) get in this time.

Although it is ridiculous that Bonds and Clemens will be left out. We really need to quit canonizing the Hall of Fame. Don't hide the fact that PEDs were used, highlight it. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Unknown said...

I'd go with Biggio, Bagwell, Piazza, Morris, Trammell, and Raines

Phil said...

I'm guessing maybe Morris (only one year left after this!), since he's been trending upward steadily for the past five years -- though having Schilling and Wells on the ballot may hurt him. I think Bagwell and Raines are the only holdovers who have a shot this time around, and possibly Biggio and Piazza among the newcomers: although the "not a first balloter!" mentality still holds for a sizable portion of the voters. Bonds and Clemens? I can't even guess. Not in, I don't believe, but I have no idea what percentages they'll earn.

Anonymous said...

I second what Hiflew said - I've never heard that way to say it, but I like it.

I think it will just be Piazza, though Biggio deserves to be a first balloter as well. He'll probably get in next year.