- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1997 Topps #450.
- Player Name, position, team: Mo Vaughn, first baseman, Boston Red Sox.
- Major League Debut: June 27, 1991.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1996 stats (Red Sox): 161 G, 635 AB, 118 R, 207 H, 29 2B, 1 3B, 44 HR, 143 RBI, 2 SB, .583 SLG, 95 BB, 154 SO, .326 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Red Sox, #1st, June 1989. Bats: left. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 13. This is his seventh Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "Mo continues to pile up numbers that compares favorably with any of the great phantoms of Fenway. Consider these comparisons: First ML player with 40 HR's and 200 H's since Jim Rice in 1978...Most HR's (27) at the Fens since Fred Lynn and Rice in '79...Only Red Sox LH'er other than Ted Williams to hit 3 HR's in one game there...Most HR's by a Sox lefty since Yaz in '67...Most XBH's (74) by a Sox ince Tony Armas and Dwight Evans in '84...Highest AVG at Fenway (.381) since Wade Boggs in '91."
- Commentary: Look, it's another Mo Vaughn card!!! We highlighted his 1999 Topps card just 19 days ago and now the Randomizer chooses his card from two years prior. Love the fact that there is a lot of red featured on this card, thanks to the tradition of using Red for the AL books. Also like the horizontally-oriented picture that features Vaughn's powerful swing. Just two years removed from his magical MVP season of 1995, Vaughn, although not chosen for the AL All-Star Team, still put up incredible numbers in the '97 campaign even though he went on the DL due to knee surgery. With a .315 average, 35 homers, 96 RBI's, and a .980 OPS, he still got votes for MVP.
- Beckett value: $0.07-$0.20.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 32 cards.