- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1991 Topps #85.
- Player Name, position, team: Jesse Barfield, outfielder, New York Yankees.
- Major League Debut: September 3, 1981.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1990 stats (Yankees): 153 G, 476 AB, 69 R, 117 H, 21 2B, 2 3B, 25 HR, 78 RBI, 4 SB, .456 SLG, 82 BB, 150 SO, .246 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Blue Jays, #9th, June 1977. Traded by the Blue Jays to the Yankees 04/30/1989. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 12. This is his eleventh Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "As a youngster, Jesse rooted for the Chicago Cubs. His favorite player was Hall-of-Famer Ernie Banks."
- Commentary: The 1991 Topps set celebrated Topps' 40 Years of Baseball with a very clean and beautifully designed set. Team-colored borders with the team nameplate logo frame the larger than life picture. It was also the first set since 1974 that featured horizontally-oriented regular player cards. Jesse Barfield was a standout with the Toronto Blue Jays for more than eight seasons. He was an All-Star, a two-time Gold Glove Winner, and won a Silver Slugger. In his years with Toronto, he hit .265 with 179 home runs, 527 rbi's, and an OPS of .802. He was traded to the Yankees on April 30, 1989 for Al Leiter, and provided both a steady bat and glove in left and centerfield in the Bronx. Wrist injuries limited Barfield to 30 games in 1992, his final season in the majors. He spent the following year in Japan, but was released after only hitting .215 in 114 games. After injuries stopped him from making the Astros roster in 1994, he retired from the game as a player. He recently served as a broadcaster for Blue Jays games in the late 2000's, and his legacy is secure as his sons Josh and Jeremy are currently active in professional baseball (Josh reached the majors in 2006 and played for both the Padres and Indians; Jeremy is climbing up the ladder in the A's minor league system).
- Beckett value: $0.01-$0.05.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 20 cards.