- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1992 Topps #421.
- Player Name, position, team: Juan Agosto, pitcher, St. Louis Cardinals.
- Major League Debut: September 7, 1981.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1991 stats (Cardinals): 72 G, 86 IP, 5-3, 52 R, 46 ER, 34 SO, 39 BB, 0 GS, 0 CG, 0 SHO, 2 SV, 4.81 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Red Sox as a Free Agent 08/29/1974. Signed with the Cardinals as a Free Agent 12/14/1990. Bats: left. Throws: left.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 10. This is his tenth and final Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "Juan enjoyed streak of 10 consecutive wins in 1988."
- Commentary: Some of the reasons why I liked the 1992 Topps design include the use of the large pictures (which seems to be a big deal for me it seems), and the fact that the border/design elements are inside of the picture instead of right on the edge of the picture. The color borders were a plus. But the biggest reason why I like this design was that I was also the proud owner of a 1992 Topps Micro set. I actually stopped looking at my regular set and was playing with the micro cards for months (anybody remember the joy trying to sort those babies out by team or by card number???). By the time I started looking at my regular cards again, they looked so HUGE!!! Juan Agosto started out with the 1983 "Winning Ugly" White Sox, and throughout his career was used primarily in middle relief with a few saves sprinkled here and there. By the time he joined the Cardinals, he had led the NL in games pitched (82 games with the Astros). For two seasons with the Cards, he provided a stable veteran presence in the bullpen. But his 6.12 ERA in 1992 for the Redbirds forced the Cardinals to look elsewhere. The Mariners signed him soon afterwards. He finished his MLB career after one more year with the Astros in 1993.
- Beckett value: $0.01-$0.05.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 10 cards.