Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween 2012!!!

This year I get to stay home and cook the Halloween spaghetti. I feel bad though because that means my wife and kids have to go out in the cold. I don't dress up much on this night anymore. I really lost all motivation to do so after I left high school (but I've felt that way prior to that...sixth grade I guess). It's more for my kids now, but as they get older, it's become less of a big deal for my daughter anyway. My son is still fixated on all the candy and chocolates.


So in honor of Halloween, I present a complete set of Allen & Ginter cards that I actually collected by hand (and then somehow managed to get a second set thanks to a recent purchase from the Bay). The 2011 Topps A&G Uninvited Guests insert set features 10 places that are have gained notoriety for being some of the most haunted locations in the United States. I think short of the White House, either T.A.P.S. (Syfy's Ghost Hunters) or the G.A.C. (Travel Channel's Ghost Adventures) have visited all of these sites (love both shows, although my daughter has favored Zac, Nick, and Aaron lately).

While many of us know what the true meaning of Halloween is (It's All Hallow's Eve, the night before we honor All Saints), many kids know the day (or night) as one of fun, costumes, and candy. The storms and the resulting damage on the east coast has ruined the day for many kids my children's age. While I've read that some states have already discussed the possibility of "rescheduling" Halloween for another day (which is nice), I'm pretty sure that it's the last thing on many people's minds.

So if you're able, have a good and safe Halloween. If you can and are able to do so, please visit the website of the American Red Cross and donate funds. Or go to the Salvation Army site and do the same thing there. I've just linked two of the big ones, but there are many other places, websites, and charities you can send help (just make sure your charity of choice is legitimate...scam artists are just ready to pounce on those who aren't careful).

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: