Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Thank You to a Gent from the United Kingdom!!!

I received an e-mail a few weeks ago from a certain John Arnold from the United Kingdom. He is a collector who contributes to the big A Pack A Day blog. You know, that All-Star blog that many of our favorite bloggers contribute to? Anyway, he said that he's read my humble little blog, and likes what he sees, and since I'm such a big Cubs fan, if I'd be interested in a trade of some Cubs cards for Red Sox cards. He said if I agreed that I wouldn't have to send first, but wait until his package arrived before preparing a pile of cards for him. Again, I'm not much of a team collector, but it's the Cubs. I thought, why not. So I agreed.

Well, the package came this past Friday, and needless to say, I've got my work cut out for me. He sent me two full team bags full of Cubs cards from various years and (ahem) various brands too. I guess he's following the Junkie's philosophy, knowing that if he sends a Topps collector other brands of cards that I won't have them at all in my collection. A grand total of 71 Cubs cards are now in my possession. Everything from 2008 Topps (and Upper Deck...gasp), to 1986 Topps (Jim Frey) to 1988 Score, and some Bowman Heritage cards too.

I'll hold on to them until I can find a home more suited for Cubs cards. Until then, I have to find some Red Sox cards...he did say he'll take unopened packs right???

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: