It's Minor League Monday!!! Thanks to the Topps Card Randomizer, introducing the Random Topps Pro Debut Card of the Week:
- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2012 Topps Pro Debut #217.
- Player Name, position, team: Alfredo Silverio, outfielder, Chattanooga Lookouts.
- Level-League, Team Affiliation: Double A-Southern League, Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Minor League Stats (stats with team depicted only): 132 G, 533 AB, 90 R, 163 H, 42 2B, 18 3B, 16 HR, 85 RBI, 11 SB, 30 BB, 91 SO, .542 SLG, .883 OPS, .306 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Signed with the Dodgers as a Free Agent 11/13/2003. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Major League Debut: n/a.
- Baseball America Organizational Ranking After Season with Team: Los Angeles Dodgers #4 prospect after the 2011 season .
- Blurb on the back: "In a season anchored by a Topps Southern League Player of the Month Award for June, Silverio finished in the loop's top five in slugging (.542). An eight-year pro at the age of 24, he batted .306 with 42 doubles, 18 triples, and 16 homers for the Lookouts."
- Official Topps Rookie Card: n/a.
- Commentary: By the looks of things, Silverio would have had a great shot of making it to the majors during the 2012 season. But a serious car accident in his native Dominican Republic left him on the sidelines for the entire season. He was called-up to the Dodgers MLB team in September, if only just to put him on the 60-Day DL. On December 6, 2012 the Miami Marlins selected Silverio in the Rule V draft at the end of the 2012 campaign, giving him a one-way ticket onto the major league roster. But the injuries sustained in the car accident kept him off the roster and in July, it was announced that he would undergo his second Tommy John surgery in a 14-month span. While it is hoped that he can return to the Marlins for the 2014 season, his future is definitely up in the air.