- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2011 Topps Pro Debut #156.
- Player Name, position, team: Jiovanni Mier, shortstop, Lexington Legends.
- Level-League, Team Affiliation: A-South Atlantic League, Houston Astros.
- Minor League Stats (stats with team depicted only): 131 G, 493 AB, 83 R, 116 H, 31 2B, 1 3B, 2 HR, 53 RBI, 15 SB, 63 BB, 107 SO, .314 SLG, .637 OPS, .235 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Astros #1st, June 2009. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Major League Debut: n/a.
- Baseball America Organizational Ranking After Season with Team: Houston Astros #5 prospect after the 2010 season.
- Blurb on the back: "Mier was the first high school shortstop drafted in 2009 and, after a year of short-season ball, played for Lexington in '10. He started slowly, but finished with 31 doubles, 63 walks and 15 stolen bases while playing his usual stellar brand of defense."
- Official Topps Rookie Card: n/a.
- Commentary: Jiovanni James Mier has been slowly but surely making it up the Astros' minor league ranks, even as his ranking by Baseball America has dropped from #5 to #22 after 2011 and #33 when the 2012 season ended. In 2011, he split the season with Lexington and the High-A Lancaster JetHawks of the California League. Although he was placed onto the DL for a bit with a sprained knee, he played in 57 games each with both teams, and hit a combined .239 with 7 home runs and 52 runs driven in. His 2012 campaign with the JetHawks was setback by a hamstring injury, but he was hitting .309 with 2 homers and 13 rbi's before being placed on the shelf. He returned in August, contributing one more HR, 12 rbi's and finishing with a .292 average. He's only 22 years old (going into the 2013 season), and is presently with the Corpus Christi Hooks. As of this writing, he has a low .179 average, but has hit 4 home runs, 14 rbi's, and stolen 4 bases in 32 games.