Tuesday, July 26, 2011

To All Those Going to the 2011 National Sports Card Convention Next Week:

If you haven't been inundated with information about the National Sports Card Convention being held in my hometown (literally down the street from my house), let me just throw in a few more bits of information about the show.

On Thursday, August 4, Topps will be throwing a Q & A session with 100 collectors at the show at 4:00 p.m.  Now, I would be excited about this normally...and don't get me wrong, I am...

But...

I WON'T BE ABLE TO BE THERE!!!

And needless to say, I'm totally depressed.

Now don't get me wrong, I will be at the show.  Come heck or high water, I am going to be there on Friday and Saturday (possibly Sunday, I'm not sure).  Along with my trusty Topps cap and my black Topps gym bag, I plan on taking in the atmosphere, the sights, and possibly meeting many of the esteemed Hobby Bloggers attending the convention. 

There's just so much to see and do that I don't think even two days will cover the entire show.  I don't plan on doing any major buying on the first day (unless something really grabs my attention), but definitely on the second day, I plan on shrinking down the want list.  There are lots of free samples (auction catalogs), business cards, and other things I want to gather besides cards.  But most importantly, I just want to be there.

So to my fellow Sports Card Hobbyists, I look forward to meeting you all in my backyard (well, not literally, but did I mention that I live up the street from the show???).

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

TDLindgren said...

I plan on being there on Sunday. Totally pumped!!