- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2008 Topps #284.
- Player Name, position, team: Lance Broadway, pitcher, Chicago White Sox.
- Major League Debut: September 7, 2007.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2007 stats (Charlotte-AAA): 26 G, 8-9, 155 IP, 15 H, 86 R,80 ER, 78 B, 108 SO, 2 CG, 0 SHO, 0 SV, 1.50 WHIP, 4.65 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the White Sox #1st, June 2005. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 2. This is his first card.
- Blurb on the back: "After a season in whch their team ERA dipped to 11th in the League, the White Sox are holding auditions for starters in 2008. Lance is near the front of the line. The former first-round draft pick out of Texas Christian turned heads with six innings of two-hit, eight-strikeout, shut-outball against the Royals in his first MLB start on September 26, 2007."
- Commentary: The 2008 Topps set was met with a bit of disappointment when the preview of the design first came out. One year removed from the black "filmstrip" border/design set, the use of colored circles reminded many of the circus (for some reason) and an unnecessary dip on the photo (where the Topps logo was nested). Here is Lance Broadway, his photo taken most likely on media day. Reminds me of a yearbook photo. And isn't that what these cards are supposed to be anyway??? Lance, a September Call-up in 2007, did a decent job with the Pale Hose to be considered for next year's staff. In 2008, he pitched in seven games for the White Sox, starting only one of them. He was traded to the Mets during he first part of 2009, where he spent most of his season with their AAA affiliate, the Buffalo Bisons. In 2010, he spent the entire year with the Blue Jays' AAA team in Las Vegas.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.25-$0.60.
- How many cards of each player do I own?: 2 cards.