Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pack Break Week 2013: Topps Gypsy Queen

Today, I'm at the my daughter's orthodontist's office waiting while she gets her braces removed and at the same time get fitted for a retainer. I will be so glad when this ordeal is over. Unfortunately, it will be my son's turn pretty soon to go through this process...and if you know my son, it's going to be a LOT of work. I'll be going to work after she is done here and then back at school.

So what better time than right now to do a quick pack break?

Today, I'll be opening the random pack of 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen. It's probably one of the more under-rated products Topps brought to the masses in 2013, and has played that role since its debut in 2011. The art on these cards is awesome, and the insert sets are easy to complete and utilize very unique themes. Short prints and variations run amok in the regular set, but that seems to be the norm with card sets nowadays.


So let's get to it. Enclosed, in order, is what appeared in my 6-card pack of 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen:
  • #278 Jordan Zimmermann, Nationals
  • #247 Jose Reyes, Blue Jays, Blue Framed #065/499
  • #DA-SS Stephen Strasburg, Nationals, Dueling Aces
  • #116 Phil Niekro, Braves, Mini card
  • #281 Matt Cain, Giants
  • #319 Robin Ventura, White Sox


The Strasburg insert card was nice, but I pulled that from a pack before...and I have one from my master set. The key card here is the Blue Framed Reyes card. Appropriate because the subject is a Blue Jay (would have worked if he was in a Mets jersey too...but he played for the Marlins the year before). Odds of getting one was 1:35 packs. So let's call this pack a win. No Cubs to speak of once again.

Tomorrow, I'll open the pack of 2013 Topps Archives. Will there be a FF Auto? A Short-Print? Tune in tomorrow when I open the pack at another unique location.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

1 comment:

Ana Lu said...

Great pack. Sometimes less card packs are the best if the checklist is good.