Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Headaches are Gone. Back to the Blog I Go.

So you're probably wondering where I've been since April 28. And you're probably wondering why I haven't even left a post in so long. Okay, maybe (most likely) you haven't, but I apologize for my absence.

The real reason why I've been out is that I've been having very bad headaches since last Saturday. And while they haven't been bad enough for me to miss work, they were excrucuating enough for me to work through. By the time I'd get home, I'd be too spent to do anything related to the blog. For that, I apologize.

Rest assured, I still have things to write about for May. I'm re-doing my 2010 All-Star Game simulations because it turns out that I forgot to switch a couple of players around, so all game info is now invalid and needs to be re-done.

Also, I now have the Indians, Orioles, and Dodgers 2011 Topps team sets, as well as both 17-card team sets for the NL and AL All-Star teams. I will have something to say about those too. So now, I am down to 10 tean sets, five from each league, to complete my quest.

And with 2011 Topps Attax now out, I did purchase one starter kit, three 30-card packs (each pack is enough for one team deck to play the game under the new Major League rules), and four 12-card packs (each pack has enough cards to play under the traditional Home Run Derby/Attax rules). There will be a post on them too.

I will get my want list updated as I've been getting e-mails from readers with their wantlists. I'll be more than happy to go through them to see what I can find.

The Gypsy Queens have arrived as well.I haven't seen much of the product, but master sets are reasonable on the Bay. Still thinking about it though.

I am still looking for one of the posters with the Scavenger Hunt information and 6-15 pocket pages for the Kimball's Champion mini cards. Does anybody have these, as well as some extra team sets I need?

That's all for now. To all Moms, Grandmothers, Mothers-in-Law, Mothers-to-be, godmothers, stepmothers, and every woman who has ever played the role, Happy Mother's Day to you.

To my wife and the mother of our two kids, I Love You, Always, Forever. You have done a wonderful job raising the kids and I appreciate all you do. I truly wouldn't know what I would do without you. You deserve to have a good Mother's Day.

And to my mom, thank you very much for those first packs of 1987 Topps card so many years ago. In all seriousness, thanks for all the advice, support and caring you've given, first to the five kids who you raised into fine adults, and now to your five "apos" who love spending time with you. On behalf of all of us, thank you and we love you.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: