Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ten Packs Plus Two Rack Packs = I Now Have 2011 Topps.

After days stuck because of the blizzard, and showing lots of patience, I was able to go to Target and buy some packs of the product everybody has been ogling over...2011 Topps.

I opened four packs last night. My first card of 2011? Ted Lilly. Any highlights from the four packs? A Hong-Chin Kuo Platinum Diamond card (pretty pretty shiny shiny) and an Aroldis Chapman Kimball's Chapman card.

I love the card backs. Easy to read text, numbers are big, and if nobody's pointed it out, along the right side of the players' card backs mentions which player shared that same card number from a previous Topps set. Hopefully, when I get a full set, we can cover which cards were mentioned.

I have 2 packs and a rack pack on me right now, but it's time to go. Will discuss pack breaks later.

On some unrelated notes, congrats to Richard Dent, Marshall Faulk, Shannon Sharpe & Deion Sanders, along with NFL Films Ed Sabol, Chris Hanburger and Ed Richter, who were announced last night as the 2011 class for enshrinement into the Football Hall of Fame.

Enjoy the Super Bowl. This may be the first time I'm not actively caring as to who wins, but I know my kids are rooting for Pittsburgh. The jambalaya is on the slow cooker for the party, so we're ready for a good football game. I will probably break open the rest of the cards at the party. Baseball can't get here fast enough.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: