Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mr. President!!!

My daughter informed me last night that today would be Abraham Lincoln's 202nd birthday!!!


Now, I carry Lincoln's mini card with me at work. It sits behind my ID badge. Sometimes, the badge flips over and the card shows up instead of my picture (frankly, I'd rather people see the card than my picture). Why? I'm not entirely sure. I tell people that it keeps me "honest" (get it???).

But in honor of our nation's 16th president, I thought it appropriate to post this, especially since the Land of Lincoln is still digging out from the blizzard that brought Chicago to its knees. And what better way to remind those of us still waiting for 2011 Topps that we all should take a close look at the cards we collect than a four-spot of one of the biggest gimmicks of the year, the Abe Lincoln Cub Variations (courtesy of Trader Crack):








Enjoy! And Happy Birthday, Mr. President!

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: