- 1B: Gaby Sanchez, Florida Marlins (.273 batting average, 19 HR 85 RBI, 2010 stats)
- 2B: Neil Walker, Pittsburgh Pirates (.296, 12, 66)
- 3B: Danny Valencia, Minnesota Twins (.311, 7, 40)
- SS: Starlin Castro, Chicago Cubs (.300, 3, 41)
- OF: Austin Jackson, Detroit Tigers (.293, 4, 41)
- OF: Mike Stanton, Florida Marlins (.259, 22, 59)
- OF: Jason Heyward, Atlanta Braves (.277, 18, 72)
- C: Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants (.305, 18, 67)
- RHP: Stephen Strasburg, Washington Nationals (5-3, 2.91 ERA, 92 K's)
- LHP: Jaime Garcia, St. Louis Cardinals (13-8, 2.70 ERA, 132 K's)
- RP: Neftali Feliz, Texas Rangers (4-3, 2.73 ERA, 71 K's, 40 saves)
So I guessed 7 out of 10 spots correctly (I guessed Tyler Colvin for the third outfield spot, Ike Davis for first base, and Pedro Alvarez at third). I did just as well last year (7 of 10).
Valencia's selection surprised many as many people who entered the contest picked Alvarez of the Pirates (like I did). Didn't know that Topps would have 11 players make the team this time around. Is it just me, or do you think Topps added the RP position so that they could justify Strasburg winning the RHP position. Regardless, if you entered the contest and picked Feliz as your RHP, that will count as a correct answer. Let the conspiracy theories flow!!!
So congratulations to all. Each player will now get the illustrious rookie cup trophy added to their 2011 Topps cards.
Sanchez got his trophy for his forearm shiver to Nyjer Morgan's noggin. The Hurricanes football team could have used him!
I agree, I believe the RP spot was created to get Strasburg on the team.
There is no doubt that the Strasburg selection was fixed.
Post a Comment