Thanks to the Topps Card Randomizer, introducing the Random Topps Card of the Day for Wednesday, April 24, 2013:
- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2009 Topps #497.
- Name, position, team: Clint Hurdle, manager, Colorado Rockies.
- Major League Debut: September 18, 1977. Managerial Debut: April 26, 2002.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2008 stats (Rockies): 74-88 3rd (NL West).
- Any special information about manager: Promoted to Manager 04/26/2002.
- Any special information about this specific card: Hurdle's fourteenth regular Topps card, seventh as a manager (total includes both Topps and Topps Traded cards).
- Commentary: Pretty soon, the Topps Card Randomizer will just focus on Clint Hurdle. This is the fourth time that it has picked Hurdle, and his third manager card (you want to see the others? Go here and here.) Did you notice that manager Hurdle is doing his best Kurt Bevacqua impression on his 2009 card? You might not notice it initially thanks to the FSN camera cover in the background, but he is indeed blowing a bubble with gum. What else is there to say about the guy? Well, let's just focus on his 2009 season. It would be his final one with the Rockies as he let go after the team started the season with a 18-28, just two seasons removed from their improbable run to the World Series. In his eight seasons in Colorado, Hurdle managed 1159 games, leading the franchise to a 534-625 record, and their lone NL pennant. He is now working on his third season at the helm of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.15-$0.40.
- How many cards of this person do I own?: 14 cards.