- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2012 Topps #657.
- Player Name, position, team: Dave Sappelt, outfielder, Chicago Cubs.
- Major League Debut: August 7, 2011.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2011 stats (Reds): 38 G, 107 AB, 14 R, 26 H, 8 2B, 0 3B, 0 HR, 5 RBI, 1 SB, 7 BB, 17 SO, .318 SLG, .607 OPS, .243 AVG.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Reds #9th, June 2008. Traded by the Reds to the Cubs 12/23/2011. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 1. This is his first Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "Dave's .564 AVG in Spring Training and .313 mark in Triple-A earned him the call when the 2011 Reds needed an extra flychaser in August. He was the Topps 2010 Topps Southern League Player of the Year."
- Commentary: Care to bet that the original picture used for Dave Sappelt's 2012 Topps card shows him in a Reds jersey? Why? Because Dave Sappelt did not make his 2012 debut until the September call-up season, long after the Cubs fell out of contention in the NL Central. Sappelt joined the Cubs after he was traded by the Reds with Travis Wood in exchange for Sean Marshall. While Sean (who I will admit was a favorite player of mine and my hope to take over the closer role in the event that Marmol imploded) has done very well for himself in Cincy, Sappelt spent most of his time in Triple-A Iowa. When he did make it to Chicago, Sappelt appeared in 26 September games. He made 78 plate appearances, went 6-69 (for a .275 average) with two home runs and eight rbi's. He was more successful as a pinch hitter, as in eight appearances, he went three for 6 with a walk and an rbi (was also hit by a pitch). In spring training for 2013, Sappelt hit .193 with three home runs and 9 rbi's. Sappelt made the 2013 Cubs Opening Day Roster, securing a spot on the bench as a pinch hitter/backup outfielder. Now he only has 1 Topps card, and 20 total (thanks to parallels and the like...mini cards included). Why doesn't he have the RC logo on this card??? Wouldn't this count as a RC, complete with logo?
- Beckett value: $0.15-$0.40.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 1 card.