- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1985 Topps #2.
- Player Name, position, team: Steve Garvey, first baseman, San Diego Padres.
- Special: Record Breaker: Most Consecutive Errorless Games, 1B.
- Headline on the Back: "Garvey's Streak of Consecutive Errorless Games sets Standard"
- Any special information about this specific card: On September 30, 1984, Steve Garvey finished the season without committing an error. It would be his 188th consecutive game doing so, which became the new record for first basemen. He broke the record 10 games prior, when his 179th consecutive errorless game broke the record set by Mike Hegan of the Brewers and A's from September 24, 1970 through May 20, 1973. The streak continued into the next season. But in the sixth game of the year, on April 15, 1985, in a game against the Giants, Garvey committed an error in the top of the ninth inning, missing a foul ball hit by Giants catcher Bob Brenly. Brenly eventually struck out looking, but the streak had finally come to an end at 193 games (the streak began on 06/26/1983). The record has since been broken by Red Sox first baseman Kevin Youkilis (238) then by the Angels Casey Kotchman (274)
- Lo-Hi Beckett value: $0.05-$0.15.