- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1999 Topps Traded and Rookies #T118.
- Player Name, position, team: Terry Mulholland, pitcher, Atlanta Braves.
- Major League Debut: June 08, 1986.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1998 stats (Cubs): 70 G, 112 IP, 6-5, 49 R, 36 ER, 72 SO, 39 BB, 6 GS, 0 CG, 0 SHO, 3 SV, 2.89 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Giants, #1st, June 1984. Traded by the Cubs to the Braves 07/31/1999. Bats: right. Throws: left.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 14. This is his twelfth Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "Terry won his first start as a Brave, 08/07/1999."
- Commentary: We're only 12 days into the new year and this is the second card from 1999 the Randomizer selected. Granted, it's from the traded set, but still. Terry Mulholland does not have a card depicting either of his stints with the Cubs. In fact, this was his first Topps card in more than four years (last seen in a Topps set in 1995 Topps Traded). Mulholland was a key player during the Cubs' wild card chase in 1998. Whether starting or in relief, he was one of the more dependable arms in the Cubs' pitching staff. As the Braves were going for another division crown, and the Cubs were sinking fast as usual, a deal was struck between the two franchises before the August trading deadline, sending Terry to Atlanta in exchange for two (eventually three as there was a player to be named later) young pitchers. As usual, none of the three lasted long in Chicago. So once again, the Cubs were left holding the bag on this transaction. Mulholland's time in Atlanta was very productive. In two seasons, he went 13-11 with two saves, striking out 117 batters in 217 innings of work. But Atlanta was just another stop on his long journey throughout the majors as he would eventually pitch for five more franchises before his career ended in 2006. He can lay claim to being one of the few pitchers to defeat all 30 Major League teams.
- Beckett value: $0.07-$0.20.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 15 cards.
Tomorrow's card will be: 1994 Topps #542. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Post will arrive at 1:00 PM CST. Until tomorrow everybody.