- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 1983 Topps #618.
- Player Name, position, team: LaMarr Hoyt, pitcher, Chicago White Sox.
- Major League Debut: September 14, 1979.
- Last Line of Statistics: 1982 stats (White Sox): 39 G, 239.2 IP, 19-15, 104 R, 94 ER, 124 SO, 48 BB, 32 GS, 14 CG, 2 SHO, 0 SV, 3.53 ERA.
- Any special information about players: Drafted by the Yankees, #5th, June 1973. Traded by the Yankes to the White Sox 04/05/1977. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 8 This is his third card.
- Blurb on the back: "Pitched complete game win vs. Royals, 05/24/1982. Hurled complete game victory, July 8, 1982."
- Commentary: Hoyt was just starting to come into his own as the White Sox new ace. His 19-15 record, along with the 124 K's and 48 walks (and a WHIP of 1.235) was just a preview of what would become his best year ever. The White Sox won their first American League West division title in 1983, no thanks in part to Hoyt's Cy Young Award winning effort. But if we want to know how well he did in 1983, we'd have to wait for his 1984 cards to come. The card we're looking at today reviews his fantastic nonetheless 1982 season. Below the stats and the blurb is a section called 1982 Highlights. Included are three more Hoyt gems: May 13: Turned in a complete game victory; June 15: Fired 3-hit shutout & fanned 7 at Oakland. August 14: Scattered 6 hits in 6-0 shutout over New York Yankees.
- Beckett value: $0.05-$0.15.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 16 cards.