Monday, December 29, 2008

Ten Questions, Ten Answers. Ding!!!

In what seems to be an inadvertent attempt to get the Blog Bat Around going (sorry Dave), the girls at Dinged Corners sent a ten question survey out to the blogosphere. Many good answers from the gallery. Late but finished, here are my responses:

Round One:

1. If I didn't collect baseball cards, I'd collect Transformers or Marvel/DC action figures.

2. My baseball heroes include one you probably wouldn't know from my blog or comments, and that person is Andre Dawson.



3. Every New Years I resolve to increase my collection, but try and get rid of the cards I don't need as well.

4. If I could spend a day with one person from baseball history, it would be William Ellsworth Hoy.

Round Two:

1.


I like mine done in the Chicago style, with relish, onions, pickles, celery salt, mustard, and maybe a pepper or two (no ketchup). Oh, you mean canine? Lucy, all dogs and I have an understanding...they don't like me, and the feeling is mutual.

2. My favorite player of all-time is Ryne Sandberg. Bar none. My son's middle name is Ryne.


3. My favorite team is the Chicago Cubs.

4. My favorite baseball movies are (because I couldn't decide on one) Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, Major League, and The Rookie.

5. My Favorite Baseball Books:


Topps Baseball Cards: The Complete Picture Collection, a 40 Year History, 1951-1990 by Frank Slocum, Red Foley, and Sy Berger


Classic Baseball Cards: The Golden Years 1886-1956 by Frank Slocum

6. My favorite card??? It's hard to choose. If I had to pick one, it would have to be...(really struggling to choose one)...out of 42,072 plus cards, I can't pick just one. Sorry. Now, if I had to pick a favorite set...it would either be 1989 Topps, or this:










my favorite insert set of all time, 2007 Topps Allen & Ginter Flags of the World!!!

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flag cards are stunning. We have heard great things about the Topps tome and intend to seek one out. It's interesting that out of about thirty comments and blog posts, only three mentioned a baseball card book as a favorite.

TDLindgren said...

Although, I'm partial to my 9 year old Beagle/Basset Hound, I love Chicago style hot dogs as well. I try to go to Portillo's every time I come to Chicago.

Goose Joak said...

You're a fan of '89 Topps as well? I have really been enjoying this set recently.

capewood said...

I just picked up a copy of the Classic Baseball Card book for $20 at a used book store. What a great book! I've got a post about it coming up in a few days.