Sunday, December 27, 2015

Pack Break Week 4: 2013 Topps Update Series

I love Pack Break Week!

It's one of the only times of the year that I get to open a ton of packs from different products and post them on the blog. In past years, I would go to the local big box store and buy a pack of random products (okay, products that I actually like). This year, they're from Christmas presents. So no money was spent, but lots of excitement ahead.

Now I'd call this a preview of what to expect when I open the big stuff during the week. Here now, is one of the penny packs that my son was able to purchase from the Dollar Tree:


This is what came out of the 2013 Topps Update Series pack:


  • #US293 Robinson Cano, 2B, Yankees, Home Run Derby
  • #US177 David Ortiz, DH, Red Sox, Season Highlights (Checklist)
  • #US249 Madison Bumgarner, P, Giants, NL All-Star
  • #US142 Yadier Molina, C, Cardinals, NL All-Star
  • #US59 Hisashi Iwakuma, P, Mariners, AL All-Star

No base cards, all subsets. Three All-Stars, a Home Run Derby card, and Big Papi? Not a bad pack to start what should be a very interesting week to close out what has been a somewhat "Blah" year on the blog. I'm looking forward to see what comes next. I hope you (whoever left of you is still here reading this) are too.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: