Before I get back to work, I think that now is as good a time as any to kick-off pack break week by opening a couple of packs that I have been saving for this occasion.
Today I will be opening a pack of 2013 Topps Series 1 and as a bonus, a 4-card pack of 2013 Topps Chrome Update Series that came in the Mega Box purchased at Meijer. Without further ado, here goes.
Enclosed, in order, is what appeared in my 12-card pack of Series 1 Topps:
- #158 Chad Billingsley, Dodgers
- #63 Justin Masterson, Indians
- #150 John Danks, White Sox
- #143 Jim Johnson, Orioles
- #207 Matt Holliday, Cardinals
- #284 Angel Pagan, Giants
- #199 Avisail Garcia, Tigers RC
- #261 Trevor Rosenthal, Cardinals RC
- #TM-22 Andre Ethier, Dodgers, 1972 Topps Mini
- #226 Derek Lowe, Yankees
- #146 Kyle McClellan, Cardinals
- #102 Denard Span, Twins
The first four cards provide a good starting rotation plus closer. Three Cardinals though...if I was in St. Louis, I'd be happy. No Cubs to speak of, but at least on White Sox card for local flavor.
Now for the bonus...the Chrome Update Series pack:
- #MB-30 Bryce Harper, Nationals, Home Run Derby
- #MB-21 Yu Darvish, Rangers, All-Star
- #MB-13 Allen Craig, Cardinals, All-Star
- #MB-5 Anthony Rendon, Nationals RC
Two All-Star cards plus Anthony Rendon. Not a bad pack. Now, the other thing I noticed is that the Chrome cards are a bit thicker than what has been used in recent years. The cards are not prone to bowing, so that's a plus for those who want to put the cards in a binder but not right away.
BASEBALL DAD, I saw the comment. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll be more than happy to mail you the wrappers.
Tomorrow, I'll open the pack of 2013 Gypsy Queen.