- Official Card Set Name and Card Number: 2004 Topps #590.
- Player Name, position, team: Kerry Wood, pitcher, Chicago Cubs.
- Major League Debut: April 12, 1998.
- Last Line of Statistics: 2003 stats (Cubs): 32 G, 211 IP, 14-11, 77 R, 75 ER, 266 SO, 100 BB, 32 GS, 4 CG, 2 SHO, 0 SV, 1.19 WHIP, 3.20 ERA.
- Any special information about player: Drafted by the Cubs, #1st, June 1995. Bats: right. Throws: right.
- Number of regular Topps Cards (includes regular and traded cards only): 17. This is his seventh Topps card.
- Blurb on the back: "Anyone who saw Kerry work in the 2003 postseason was treated to a glimpse of someone who might be baseball's next superstar pitcher - if he's not that already. Last year, Wood became the quickest pitcher ever to 1,000 strikeouts, both by games (134, besting Roger Clemens' 143) and innings (853 to Hideo Nomo's 927 2/3)."
- Commentary: Oh what could have been. It was supposed to have been their year. And they were five outs away from getting there. It's such a shame that even with that meltdown in game 6, that the Cubs couldn't muster enough strength to win the next day. But alas, it was so. But don't blame Kid K. He did his best despite the controversies and the conspiracy theories (not to mention the injuries). Because his 2001 Topps card was a previous Random Card of the Day subject, a review of his 2004 season is in order. A strained triceps injury sidelined Wood for two months. But when he was on the mound, he was still a pitcher to be feared. He did finish the season with an 8-9 record, a 3.72 ERA, and struck out 144 of the 595 batters he faced. For the record, since December 20, 2012, I managed to add exactly one Kerry Wood card to my collection: the 2013 Topps Chasing History Kerry Wood #CH-36.
- Beckett value: $0.07-$0.20.
- How many cards of this player do I own?: 60 cards.